In a world where all NAS are just bland boxes, we all can use a little blue...
When we first had the idea for a NAS series, we looked at the Cobalt Qube and thought, "What could be a more fitting case for NAS than this?" The Cobalt Qube was a computer server appliance made in between 1998 to 2002 by Cobalt Networks. Our love for this little guy is why we wanted to pay homage to it and give it a new life in the modern world. We've taken the beloved Qube and modified it with the latest state-of-the-art components. This is a modification of the original Cobalt Networks Qube; only the original outer shell is the same, while all the internal components have been retrofitted with new, modern-day components.This NAS features:
- Eight (8) 2.5” Hotswap Drive Bays
- Up to 4 core Intel Atom C3558 with 2.20GHZ (depending on number of drive bays)
- 8GB DDR4 Ram (up to 64GB Unbuffered ECC/Non-ECC DDR4 or up to 256GB Registered ECC DDR4)
- M.2 NVMe System Drive
- 4 GbE LAN ports
- 200W Power Supply
- Ultra Quiet Noctua Fans
- TrueNAS Core OS
- Self-Healing OpenZFS File System
- RAID Levels: RAID-Z0, RAID-Z1, RAID-Z2 and RAID-Z3
- Works with your Windows PC, MAC OS, Linux or Unix File Systems.
- Each CherryNAS comes with TrueNAS CORE pre-installed.
- Plethora of free optional plugins like Asigra Backup, Nextcloud, Plex Media Server, MineOS and many more.
- Original Cobalt Qube retrofitted for modern hardware (outer shell may be slight wear and tear)
All our CherryNAS come with 3-year warranty and are available as diskless models, for you to install your own drives, or you can use our CherryNAS Configurator and choose the drives you need.
For more information about our CherryNAS series and TrueNAS Core click here.
The CherryNAS Cobalt Qube is proudly made in the USA and hand-crafted by our very own team in Los Angeles, California.